Friday, August 14, 2009

Time to say Bye!!!

Time to say Byee…It’s a bit longer text but I had no choice... Even I have spent a long time (Almost 3 years in VSNL) in TCS … And I need to thank you all for making it a wonderful experience.
So finally the day has come when I have to say “Good Bye” to all of you. As a matter of fact it’s going to be a small break from professional life and journey back to the student life. I am going for higher education (MS) at The University of Hong Kong and I will be on Leave without Pay during that period. No doubt I am going to be back to TCS after a year or 2 years depending upon the courses offered at university, but the point is I wontget a chance to working with you all again in the same team, as most of thepeople whom I know are either due for release or already left the project.So when I will come back its like a fresh journey again.
When I joined TCS ILP it was a fun experience. We used to a lot of extracurricular activities. And I really enjoyed my time there.I still remember the days when we had come from Trivandrum to Yantra Park,Thane. It was like a dream come true for me. I was just amazed seeing the huge facility and the crowd in formal attire with professional attitude. It actually raised questions in my mind about whether I belong to this placeor not.
I joined VSNL project after coming back from ILP and with me all my 36 friends who had come from Trivandrum. It was really getting nervous when I entered the ODC with my mind filled up of tension and curiousness at thesame time. But people were extremely good to me and it started my journey into the world of IT.All my seniors were very talented. My team mates always shared there knowledge with me. Kiran, Bipul, Karuna, Sahil Bhai, Swati, Monica, Anil toname a few. Ram, Vineet and Shridhar always helped and supported mewhenever I need. They were always there when I looked up to them. Anant,Amit and Amol always helped me in understanding the system better. I really don’t remember how many times I approached them with all the silly doubts of mine. And credit to them that they answered each time with same patience. Thank you all, without of you all I don’t know whether I could have survived in the demanding world of IT.
Vinayak Sir always inspired me and my fellow batch mates who joined this project as a fresher. We used to see him working day in and day out with the same dedication and passion. His professional attitude and systematic approach always showed us the right path. And I am glad to mention that because of his persuasiveness we all could come out with flying colours.It’s very important to have such a strong support at the early age of the career and I, Karthik, Sunil, Atul, Bipul, and Gokul always had that. He always showed confidence in our ability and gave us the space to grow up. We all are thankful to you sir for spending your precious time with us when we needed the support. He is still a mentor and guide for all of us.
And how can I go without mentioning my peers in the project. Karthik,Sunil, Mr.Metri (Big Time), Hussain, Atul, Bipul, Shivani, Nilesh. We all enjoyed our time in VSNL project. And we shared all our problems, sorrows and achievements together. The team was like a small family. I mean we used to spend more time at office then at home, thanks to the unstable system.Till now we are very close to each other. I am going to miss you all most when I go from here.
After few days an important event took place in my professional life, I were given the responsibility of taking care of the billing. The process wasvery irregular at the time I started doing that. It used to take almost 2days to complete that. I learnt every possible thing that I could from Monica and Kiran. But still the process was very difficult to carry out.Then Mr. Ashish Makde joined me as part of billing sub module. And we started gelling very well with each other. Now the same process gets overin 6 hours, thanks to the efforts of Ashish. He gave me such a confidence that we went on changing the flows and making it better day by day. I still remember those days when rating engine was slow and we used to stay inoffice for 3-4 days, sometimes even without having bath!! He He…Then we used to come in alternate night shifts but we always enjoyed that.The motivation was enough from Vinayak sir and all my seniors to drive it through.It was an awesome team with Great Spirit and everyone worked for each other. I remember during some issues entire team staying back with vinayak sir till 2-3 AM till the problem gets under control. Really I miss those days!!!
I never knew how the years flew by. Suddenly, I was sharing my knowledge with juniors one day. It was a really a nice experience to share theknowledge you have with the juniors. I could actually point out the areaswhere I did the mistake and tell them to avoid those. Srini was the first to whom I have given a knowledge sharing session and I was very much happy the way it went on. I hope even he shares the similar feeling… Then it wasthe entire new team members who joined in and even some from EBU. Latest ones are Jinse and Sushil. (Hope you people understood what I taught. hehe) It was really a nice experience to know you all and to share my knowledge with you all. You all were very nice and thanks for hearing me patiently. If you need any help at any time please feel free to contact me.(If you think I can help you !!)
I am very close to Sajid, Shivani, Ashish, Vanik and Bipul as we used to share our meals daily. Meals toh ek bahana tha… But thank them all to hear all my useless talks all these years.. Especially Shivani and Ashish... The two souls I troubled the most.Oh and not to forget Kamal… Nice to work with you buddy.. Had great time Boss!!!‘Pranay’ aka Mr. Jain... You are doing very well with the postpaid billing…Keep it up!!Mr. Jain it’s great to have a bhai like you !
My ILP mates were always very close to me. Alpa, Metri, Namrata, Atul,Pranav, Sheetal, Jaykin, Sunil, Siddharth, PC, Siva, Nilesh, Ashish Kabraand the list goes on…Some of them were very far but still we are very much attached to each other like Mr.Saurabh Singh, Sandhya, Jaspal, Avijit ,Shovik to name a few. Thanks to TCS for giving me opportunity to know all these gem of a people and to spend some quality time with them. It was a wonderful experience to know you all…. Keep in touch buddies.
Oh and about my mates from TCS football team… They are doing great things this season (May be because I am not there to do the lazy defense !)… But really I enjoyed each and every moment with them. I was really close to all my mates. This year we should win the league… Thanks to Amit Sir, Allen,Nagi, Jiggi, Monty, Avi and all my mates. I won’t ever forget you guys!!TCS Football rocks !!
My friends from VSNL (now TCISL) deserve a place in my ‘good bye’ note…To start with I and Ashish had a very close relation with Akshay and Alex.Together we had done lots of efforts to reduce irregularities in thesystem. And they were always a positive critic for us. And we all shared a common target of improving the system. I am glad that same work is being carried forward by Saurabh sir… It was really nice working with you all. I mean you have to be lucky to have an expertise at client side like you.It’s no shame to admit that I have learnt a lot from you all. It was always a pleasure working with Rupak, Romik, Amit, Rachana and Nishant to mention a few.
It is almost 3 years now. And I am completely changed person. TCS has transformed me from ‘Flamboyant Rookie’ to ‘Matured Professional’ (Oh Iknow that still that flamboyance comes up every now and then, But you know even I cant help it!!). But this work experience in a firm like TCS has certainly made a difference to my life. Now I can go out with much more confidence and right attitude.
And last but not least, thanks Rohith for making it a smooth transition!!
It’s really sad to part with the team as I know each and every person inthe team and all are very close to me. Babu, Sendhil, Parag, Ganesh, AyaazBhai, Pratik, Gauri, Shan, Saumya, Rahul, Amit, Anunay, Gokul, Shaktibhai ,Somu, Sumit, Sujit Bhai you all people make a great team!! You allrock….I need the wishes from you all for my future Endeavour…Hope I can meet youall very soon after coming back.. Till the time it’s a BIG GOOD BYE…


My Contact Details:Mail: animalbatista@gmail.com

Contact No.: I will update You Once I get a New Number.

2 comments:

Rajesh said...

all the best mere dost...keep rocking there..and keep blogging.

Saurabh Jadhav said...

Many of them said it was longest good bye ever!! But May people did so many things for me.. I didnt want to miss out on anybody!!