Monday, August 24, 2009

Hong Kong...

It's my first trip out of the country and indeed a complete unique experience for me. I was travelling all alone from India To Hong Kong. Many people gave me different advices about what to do and what not. Though I had a complete set of instructions from my father to experience it on your own its totally different.
As I entered Ch.Shivaji International Airport, I knew that this is the last time I am able to see my family atleast for a year. For a boy like me who never lived alone and away from his family it was a bit sad feeling from inside. But at the same time I was happy that I am going for my Masters Degree and to see a new world on my own.
Then I went to Immigration counter where the guy asked me that how come you got your VISA without a stamp on it. It took me almost 20 mins to explain that this VISA is secured for me by my university and the sticker was sent to India and not that I sent my passport there via courier. But finally I managed to convince him.. (I am So Pyaara You See..) he he..
Then I sat down after security check in front of the gate I was supposed to get in to. Called up almost everyone whom I remembered. Felt very nice about it all. And was ready for the journey.
The time when I arrived in Hong Kong was about 9:30 AM. And I met a Taxi driver outside the airport. From any angle he was not looking a taxi driver. He was looking like karate kid..
So Ako (My First Chinese Friend - the driver) told me that he will take me to the Hostel in 350HK$ and I agreed for it as it was quite reasonable including my luggage.
So Mr. Ako comforted me with some nice music and information about Hong Kong. And he told me that HKU is no.1 university in Hong Kong and it is very difficult to get into that. So together we finally found that place where my hostel room was booked.
Then I was standing outside the hostel building wondering where the enterance is... Then a nice chinese female came to my rescue. And she showed me the way to the hostel. The caretaker there was very nice to me. he came forward and tried to life luggage ( Tried because it was abt 30 KGs to heavy for a 50 year fellow). Then he gave the room keys and showed me the hostel.
It was very nice of him.
After that I met my new room mates. All are from Main land China. So I roamed around a bit with them and had my first lunch in hong Kong. it was pork with Red Chilli,Tomato Sauce.
It was good to have the food they have daily. Then I visited the university confirming my registration and other formalities.
Oh and in my university the crowd is too cool. Everyone was roaming wearing shorts. Very understandable as its very hot in here and humid too. One more thing which was new for me is I waited for the signal to get green for pedestrians before crossing the roads. And people here cross the road at signal only and not in between like we do in india. Pretty organized crowd..
I am just settling down. Its very nice in here.. But still I miss family and friends. May be once the classes begin on 1st September I wont get a time to think about other things.
Overall it was a Nice First day in Hong Kong.. Lets see how it goes from now on...
Miss you all really very much!!

3 comments:

Rajesh said...

It is very well written bro...The complete picture scrolled on my monitor when i was reading... Remember mate...."Every beginning is difficult, but....".
So already one HK lady came into ur life (female who rescued you @ hostel entrance he he...). Have fun there along with studies, Keep posting.

Sajid Khan said...

Nice one... All the best and hope your days get better.

Sandeep said...

Nice one..all the very best yaar..TC